The Driver for Seniors vehicles are specially designed for seniors, and are equipped with safety features such as airbags and seat belts. The service also offers a variety of transportation options, including door-to-door transport, bus routes, and ferries.
If you're 66 or older, you might be thinking about giving up your driver's license. But consider the benefits of Driver for seniors : improved mobility, independence, and safety.
Image Source: Google
1. Improved Mobility. As you age, your ability to move around declines. A recent study showed that drivers over age 70 are more likely to be involved in a motor vehicle accident than drivers under 70. But if you have a driver's license, you can continue to stay mobile and independent.
2. Independence. If you have a driver's license, you can continue to live in your own home and maintain some degree of independence. Without a driver's license, seniors may have to rely on family or friends to get around.
3. Safety. Elderly drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents than younger drivers. But even if you don't get into an accident, having a driver's license can improve your safety by making it easier for emergency services to find you in an accident.
Benefits of Driving to Drivers
1. Independence: Older adults tend to become more independent as they age, which is a good thing! Driving can help seniors stay active and mobile, which is important for their overall health and well-being.
2. Social Connection: Driving can be a great way to make friends and connect with others. Seniors who drive often report feeling happier and more connected than those who don’t drive.
3.Fun: Driving can be a lot of fun, especially if it’s with a friend or loved one. It’s definitely an activity that should be enjoyed while it’s still possible