Inground pool covers are all designed to serve two basic functions: to protect your pool from harsh winter weather and to keep dirt, leaves, and debris out of your pool.
Available in a variety of materials including mesh, vinyl, and multilayer laminated materials, inground pool covers, are a great way to protect your pool and make spring start-up that much easier. Because they keep large debris out of your pool, you will have less maintenance to do when it comes time to open your pool next spring. That means you and your family will be swimming sooner.
Benefits of Mesh Inground Pool Covers
Mesh inground covers provide a number of beneficial features:
- They often feature a reflective top coating to speed snow melting and to prevent heavy loads on your cover, extending its life.
- They prevent even the finest debris from entering your pool.
- Reinforced borders and hems provide better quality and greater durability.
- They prevent water build-up on the top of the cover since rain and melted snow and ice drain through the mesh into the pool. This eliminates the need for a pool cover pump and continually removes debris from the cover.
Benefits of Solid Inground Pool Covers
Solid inground covers are also an attractive option because:
- They are designed to withstand the harshest winter weather.
- They block all sunlight from entering your pool, preventing algae growth.
- Many solid covers feature a lightweight design so they are easy to put on, take off and store.
Selecting the right inground pool cover is one of the most important ways you can protect your pool from the harshness of winter. You should look for a cover made to withstand the sun's UV rays and resist the growth of algae. Some mesh covers now combine 100% blocking of the sun's light, fine debris particle filtering, and drainage of accumulating water. That makes for a practically perfect cover.